An Aussie native herb which can be used in pastries and breads and as a flavouring in desserts, especially ice-cream. It is high in protein and has a glycaemic index
Recipe: Chicken & Wattleseed Curry
- 1 KG Chicken pieces
- 2 TBSP Olive oil
- 1 Brown onion finely diced
- 3-4 Cloves garlic-finely chopped
- 2 TBSP curry powder
- 3 TBSP roasted ground wattleseed
- 1 tsp lemon myrtle spice
- 1 TBSP chicken stock powder
- ½ bunch coriander stems-chopped
- 3-4 Red chillies-split
- 200ml Coconut cream
- 400ml Coconut milk
- Juice of one lime
- Gently brown chicken pieces in olive oil over medium heat. Remove chicken – keep warm.
- Add onion, garlic, curry powder, wattleseed, lemon myrtle, coriander and chillies. Simmer gently 3 minutes.
- Add coconut cream, coconut milk, chicken stock powder and lime juice.
- Return chicken and simmer gently uncovered until tender-about 30 minutes.
Serve with steamed rice.